Dip & Stamp! Traditional Hand Block Printing Workshop
Hand block printing is a centuries old Indian art form that originated in Rajasthan. It utilizes intricate hand-carved teak wood blocks that are dipped in dye and stamped by hand onto cotton or silk.
An opportunity for you to quench your thirst and get a first-hand traditional block printing experience, this session is going to be an immersive interaction with the master artisan who creates magic with his hands, walking you through the art of block printing and help you create your own masterpiece.
Who Is It For?
Anyone above the age of 14 years.
Why Should You Go For It?
This workshop will introduce you to block printing – beginning with a short historical perspective and a guided tour of Indian Textile Museum, followed by the different stages in the printing process, with the help of swatches.
After a quick demo, you get to create your own unique range of designs using a variety of wooden blocks and colors. Bring along a t-shirt or a scarf/stole or just simple kerchief (cotton or silk only), that you want to print on, and an open mind raring to experiment.
Inclusion: All Material and Dyes
Complimentary: Zen Lunch & Teas
Terms & Conditions
- Please carry a valid ID proof along with you.
- Security procedures, including frisking remain the right of the management.
- No dangerous or potentially hazardous objects including but not limited to weapons, knives, guns, fireworks, helmets, lazer devices, bottles, musical instruments will be allowed in the venue and may be ejected with or without the owner from the venue.
- The sponsors/performers/organizers are not responsible for any injury or damage occurring due to the event. Any claims regarding the same would be settled in courts in Mumbai.
- People in an inebriated state may not be allowed entry.
- Venue rules apply
- Cancellation Policy :
- 3 days prior to the event - 25% cancellation fee
- 2 days prior to the event - 50% cancellation fee
- 1 day prior to the event - 75% cancellation fee
- No refund on the same day cancellation